Saturday, February 7, 2009

I feel old...

I was making copies of order forms at our local Office Depot and I saw this . I was so sad- I didn't even realize they'd ended the broadway run of Rent. Of coarse, I instantly felt old, too.  I saw the show for the first time back in 1998 (when I was 19) at the Shaftesbury Theatre in the West End in London.  Since it had just opened there, it was the original broadway cast performing.  Seriously, I can't believe that was MORE than 10 years ago!


This picture was taken later in the day- we took the first train of the morning from Oxford into London, stood in line for 3 hours for the £10 tickets (we got in the second row) to see the matinee show, then after the show we went and saw the evening performance of Les Mis.

Enjoy the sounds of Rent playing over there to the right while I go answer emails and try and forget how old I am...


No comments: