Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect

Designing (whether it be purses or clothes or anything else) is a process. It usually gets better after many revisions. Here is Sydney modeling my flag heart design tee, July 2005:


The proportion on the star fabric and the stripes is a little to large, and this is before I really learned how to make twirl skirts. Here she is modeling the same outfit, July 2006.

I actually really like the rick rack, but it did not wash well. I had stopped designing clothes to focus on purses last year, so there's no picture for July 07, but here is July 08:


The proportion is better on the stars and stripes, and I really favor the simple design. The girls will be wearing these this year, so I'll post a picture of them at the end of the week. I'll be adding this design to the website, in case anyone's interested.

I thought you might enjoy seeing what's behind a design. When you see a product added on the website, its not just something we saw somewhere else, or even something with just thought up, made once, took a picture and then put up for sale. There's a story, a design process, revisions, testing and solicited feedback that goes into each item, before we ever offer it for sale. That way we know our customers will be happy with the product they receive.

Hope everyone has a good 4th of July!

No comments: